Strategic Planning and Execution
June 30, 2020
1:00 PM – 3:00 PM EDT
Strategic Planning and Execution is a course that teaches participants how to build successful strategies and workplace plans. It is designed to provide them with a foundational understanding of the ‘Big Picture’ strategic plan and how to ensure departments are aligned with the organizations strategies. A strategic plan starts with vision and ends with a scheduled and comprehensive implementation plan. This course outlines the practical tools, concepts, and techniques to make planning as strategic as possible.
Participants enrolled in this course will have learned how to define an organizations vision, mission and higher-level goals and how to set specific and measurable objectives. They will be instructed in how to think strategically and how to differentiate a strategy from a plan and complementing tasks. Participants will be provided with an understanding of organizational elements, including future-view state, how to design and implement a strategy, how to identify implementation options, and how to chose direction and drive operational actions. They will also be instructed in how to conduct a SWOT analysis by reviewing successful SWOT analysis to determine what works and what does not. Participants will work to make use of current organizational drivers and how to identify them across the organization and the departmental/divisional level.
Participants enrolled in this course will learn to:
- Think strategically and understand the tools, concepts and techniques available to make plans more strategic.
- Understand the connection between strategic plans and daily tasks.
- Craft organizational vision, mission and value proposition statements.
- Develop organizational strategies.
- Design and implement organizational plans.
- Design and implement tactical plans.
- Practice using planning tools and techniques.
- Design and communicate a SWOT Analysis.
Who Should Attend
- All employees, managers and quality professionals responsible for strategy and planning across their workgroup or organization.
- Suitable for employees working in both the private and public sector.