A framework for achieving a
Psychologically Healthy and Safe Workplace
Mental Health at Work
Our framework aligns with the requirements of the National Standard of Canada for Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace. It ensures success through a focus on policies, practices and programs to achieve measurable results and create a healthier and more productive workplace.
Canada Awards for Excellence Recipient Video
Bell Canada’s Commitment to Mental Health in the Workplace
4 Levels of Progressive Certification
Independent validation and national recognition through the Canada Awards for Excellence, the country’s most coveted organizational awards program.
Bronze Level – Foundation
The key outcomes of the Bronze level are:
- Broad team support of the vision, mission and values
- Recognition of the importance of embedding mental health principles in decision-making at all levels of the organization
- Policy statements related to mental health
Silver Level – Advancement
The key outcomes of the Silver level are:
- A wider understanding by employees of the organization’s strategic approach to mental health
- Strategic and operational plans in place
- Establishment of baseline indicators, measures and related goals for mental health
Gold Level – Role Model
The key outcomes of the Gold level are:
- Positive achievements in meeting and exceeding strategic goals
- An organization-wide focus on mental health issues
- Positive results across all drivers, across all areas/departments of the organization
- Widespread quantifiable improvement as a result of moving from reactive to proactive approaches and practice
Platinum Level – Sustained World Class Performance
The key outcomes of the Platinum level are:
- Sound systemic approach to mental health
- Continuous improvement as a “way of life” with full integration into culture and systems
- Sustained positive improvements in all areas over at least three years (trend data required)
- Viewed as a leader within its sector regarding mental health, in terms of knowledge sharing, industry and benchmark leadership, and best practices
What Our Clients are Saying…
Excellence Canada’s Mental Health at Work program represented a significant validation of the Commission’s Wellness Plan and our efforts to implement the Standard. The Program’s further alignment with the National Standard on Psychological Health and Safety, along with Excellence Canada’s evaluation process, will assist organizations to ensure that their actions, programs and policies are congruent with the Standard. Organizations that are recognized at the National level through the Canada Awards for Excellence can truly be said to be industry leaders in establishing positive employee and organizational health cultures and the Commission is proud to be part of this growing movement.
Saint Elizabeth has achieved uncommon growth and social innovation because of the ideas, passion and commitment of its staff. Excellence Canada’s Mental Health and Wellness program fits extremely well with our efforts to continuously empower support and recognize staff.
I’m happy to report that this Board has, in the past two years, made great strides into an area where it refused to go in the past. That is, the area of mental health. They have not only acknowledged the problems brought about by illness, they have also decided to throw money at it when it’s needed. From where we sit this is beautiful in many ways, because it means less suffering for those affected by mental health issues. It means that our members can now get the help which they rightly deserve.
At Toronto East General Hospital we have undertaken a journey to develop and sustain a culture of quality, wellness and continuous improvement. TEGH believes that quality combined with a healthy workplace is vital to achieving the organization’s success and to making it the best place to give and receive care. TEGH emphasizes a mentally and physically healthy workplace that supports a work-life balance. Implementing the Mental Health at Work program is a vital component of our strategy and demonstrates our commitment to a healthy environment.
Meet Some of Our Clients
Excellence Canada certification provides independent validation of progress on your journey to excellence and national recognition.