Displaying Data and Decision Making
Jan 14, 2021
1:00 PM – 3:00 PM EDT
Displaying Data and Decision Making is a course designed to shed a spotlight on the many process improvement tool kits that employees and organizations have at their disposal. This course will examine advanced process improvement tools thereby enabling participants to understand processes better, communicate the gaps in an easier and more fluid way, and choose the most important gap to close faster.
By the end of this course, participants will have learned how to define the meta factors associated with each tool in order to simply them and tell improvement stories in a clear and concise way. They will also gain a better understanding of the history of decision making in the work place by analyzing and building decision matrices and will be able to successfully build pareto, run, and bar charts, and design scatter diagrams. Participants will be empowered with the tools and critical thinking skills necessary to develop performance and importance matrixes which they can then use in a variety of organizational roles.
Participants enrolled in this course will learn to:
- Differentiate data, information, metrics, and measures so that organizations can better understand raw data, context, analysis, and decision making.
- Use relevant and simple examples to illustrate the use and benefits of pareto charts, run charts, bar charts, scatter diagrams, and performance/importance and decision matrices.
- Design and outline graphs and charts that help tell process improvement stories.
- Identify and use the 6 most popular and useful tools designed to help them better understand and communicate gaps in individual and organizational processes.
- Use process tools while analyzing and processing case study data.
Who Should Attend
- Any employee working in both service and manufacturing organizations.
- All employees, managers and quality professionals responsible for increasing the effectiveness of their workgroup or organization.
- Any person working towards the Excellence Canada Process Management Certificate.