Leading Change Management
Course Code: MGMT301
Credential: Certificate of completion
Related Program(s): N/A
When your organization tries to reach excellence, they often require changes. Changes to strategies, technologies, roles, organizational structures, and processes. Your great people need to lead these changes. If they understand and embrace change leadership principles and tools, the intended change is more likely to succeed.
Change leadership is the practice of applying a structured approach to transitioning an organization to a future state to achieve expected benefits. This leadership guides how we prepare, equip, and support individuals to successfully adopt change in order to drive organizational success and outcomes. Unfortunately change can be frustrating and fail to achieve the promised levels of performance improvement.
Changing how we manage and more importantly lead change is the underlying theme of this highly practical and impactful training. By the end of this course, participants will recognize the important role that people play in making change and transition successful. You will learn; a process for creating and implementing major change; a model for transition leadership; about research on the size of change resistance; a tool to measure change readiness; about change vision creation and communication; and change/transition implementation. These skills will facilitate and help change to be accepted and implemented in the workplace.
Participants enrolled in this course will learn:
- A proven process for creating major change. This process includes 8 steps including urgency, setting a vision, and making the change stick.
- The difference between change management and change leadership. Emphasizing the fact that successful transformation is 90% leadership and 10% management.
- About research regarding change resistance and a strategy to help overcome it.
- To use a change readiness assessment tool that will help them identify gaps and help build momentum.
- About a proven model for transition. Outlining the similarities and differences between change and transition.
- The importance of a clear change vision and ways to successfully communicate that vision.
- How to simplify the implementation of change and transition using transition and change templates and tools.
- About barriers to implementation and how to avoid them.
Who Should Attend
- Any employee looking to implement change in their organization.
- All employees, managers and excellence professionals responsible for increasing the effectiveness of their workgroup or organization.
- Suitable for both the public and private sectors.