Taking the Pulse (baseline review), a one-day mini assessment facilitated by an Excellence Canada Certified Lead Assessor, involves a group of 6-10 members of your team (typically senior and mid management). Working collaboratively, Taking the Pulse is designed to:
- Help achieve consistency of direction and build consensus on what needs to be done to enact change.
- Provide a baseline review of where the organization sits against a specific standard—the first step towards planning for implementation and moving forward with certification.
- Identify your organization’s key strengths and opportunities for improvement (gaps).
- Identify your organization’s next steps and pathway forward.
- An online survey, completed by your employees (or subset of employees) prior to the on-site visit.
An on-site facilitated preliminary assessment to identify your organization’s key strengths and opportunities.
- Action plan and recommended path forward for your organization.
The ability to identify organizational readiness to apply for certification and national award recognition through the Canada Awards for Excellence.